Well unfortunately, we are getting toward the end of our month long holiday in the UK & Europe. So back into London on Friday evening.
Friday night, the dinner venue was a favourite pizza haunt of Ben & Matt's so after a short tube trip we alighted at Fulham Broadway station. Well the food was fine, but we did have the waitress from hell. If it was her first day in the job I guess she did OK, very surly. A couple of small things, bringing a shared entree, but no plates, and bringing the 2nd bottle of wine but forgetting to open it, yes it was a cork bottle so that was a problem.
Saturday, and it is raining, nothing unusual about this except that we have had very few wet days that affected in the time that we have been on holidays.
Saturday night and off to Teppenyaki. Six of us tonight, Pauline, Liana, Ben & Anne, Win & I. Interestingly different to Australia where we tend to share the meals ordered, whereas over here each diner tends to order and eat the meal that they have ordered. A large and packed restaurant, with a great entry area. Great meals, Win had Surf & Turf and I had Tuna. After the meal we headed off to a pub to really round out the evening. Top night for our last Saturday in London.
Sunday the weather was kind to us so Win and I headed into the London eye. Getting tickets was only about a 15 minute wait. we had a 1PM slot, and were asked to commence queueing at 12:30, and this took us to 1:10 before we boarded for the one revolution which takes a half hour. Absolutely fantastic. clear weather with only patchy light cloud so great views.
After the eye, we headed to St Paul's Cathedral which was designed and built Christopher Wren. As we got there the bells commenced, which was a lovely welcome, once you entered the cathedral, you could not hear the bells at all. As it was Sunday there was a service in progress (5 services on Sundays), and also on Sundays there are no tours so we missed out on that.

Sunday evening our second trip to Belgo's, for my last meal of mussels and Belgian Beer (and also wine as well). This place would have to be a regular spot if I lived in London.
Monday, I decided that we might as well go and visit the Tower of London (which I had visited 20 years ago), on the way there on the tube, I then thought that perhaps as we had not been to it, let's head to the Millenium Dome. Well we have now been there, nothing happening, I actually thought that there would be displays and/or exhibitions, not so. There are upcoming concerts, Beyonce, Pink and so on, and there was an exhibition about Michael Jackson (ho hum). Several cinemas with current movies. So been there done that, and it filled in a couple of hours.
I think that Win had decided that she needed to get back into practice with her cooking, so cooked a lovely pork roast on Monday evening for the four of us (Anne, Ben and ourselves. It turned out perfectly with crackling and all :-)
So tomorrow we head back to OZ
No comments:
Post a Comment